Friday, February 18, 2011

Panini Pizzas!

So, this week has been a really wonderful one. I sort of feel like I'm coming down from a high though. The weather was awesome this week, and it put me in an extremely good mood. On Tuesday I made brussel sprouts with some red bell pepper, water chestnut and rice. I could probably do without the water chestnut next time but the brussel sprouts were awesome. I don't know how they've gotten such a bad rap.

Wednesday was just leftovers (aka. cookies!!) and then I stayed at my parents' house for the night. My mom and I watched Oprah and had some good conversation. She is starting to be more supportive and understanding of my decision to be vegan. I'm very glad for that. The main reason I went to stay there was on Thrusday morning my mom and I mad VEGAN PANCAKES!! My mom loves pancakes and I thought that would be cool for her. They were delicious! They were thinner, more like flapjacks, but they tasted great, were gluten-free and whole grain. She loved them.

I'm extremely tired. I didn't sleep much last night, but I got one of my cookbooks in the mail (the others should come today) and got to look through that last night.

Weekend plans:
Tonight I'm making pizzas and brownies with Natalia and Julia. I really wish Leah were home to join. Vegan brownies are going to be awesome!! After my lab I'm going to do a quick coffee detox and clean up my room a bit, then Natalia, Jules and I are going to the grocery store (the co-op, Earth Fare and probably Kroger for the non-foodies) to get ingredients. I haven't had vegan pizza yet and I can't decide if I want to just cover my pizza in veggies or put a little vegan-rella on top.. hmm. I'll decide when it gets to be crunch time. Natalia doesn't know about the co-op yet so I'm excited to take her there. She will love it! I hope that she will get to be vegan or even vegetarian someday. That would be cool. She'd really enjoy it.
I want to have a chard salad with my pizza tonight but I'm not sure what to drizzle on my greens so I'll have to do some quick research for that.

I think we're going dancing after our food digests and then tomorrow is all about some exercise! I have practice and I'm going to run because I'm a wimp now. I may even head out to Farragut to run tomorrow since my dad needs to change 2 of my lights on my car. Hmm.. homework alllll day on Sunday. And probably more food.. : ]

No comments:

Post a Comment