Monday, February 14, 2011

Detox and fresh start

So, I cleanse my whole system this weekend with a fast and a liver detox (the liver detox was rough, had to drink an awful concoction). I feel so much better now though!! I was not eating very well and was super stressed and the detox has really helped with that. Life is still throwing rocks in my path but I'm persevering. Today was my first day being able to eat a real meal again and I have had a wonderful food day! I made some lemon, asparagus linguine with added sundried tomatoes that was just fabulous.

My roommate just recently told me about a co-op in Knoxville that sells locally grown, organic produce and such, so I made my first visit there today as well as to my beloved Earth Fare. I spent a little more on groceries today than I had anticipated but that was mainly for items such as oil, vinegar, and almond extract that do not need to be purchased often, and now I have them around to utilize.

I also made my first batch of vegan cookies!! They turned out to be marvelous. Even my non-vegan friend who ate with me enjoyed them a lot! And I do not feel awful after having, yes, four cookies. Lol. I used refined sugar and white flour because I have it and need to get rid of it. I wonder if I can take my white flour and refined sugar to Earth Fare and have them replace it for me in their pantry make-over thing... There's an idea! I'll have to get on that one! Yay!

I have a ton of cookies left over and a few other things left in my fridge from before my fast. Maybe I'll head to Earth Fare tomorrow and pick up some things and try to get my flour and sugar swapped.
So excited about being vegan, and I love it more every day. Each day I feel better, physically, mentally, and even emotionally (and it's been a pretty emotionally rough couple of days). I wish others would understand this just by taking my word for it. How do I get people to try out losing the dairy, eggs and butter. I guess people will just have to see how much I love it and the wonderful effects it has on my body.

Until another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment