Friday, February 11, 2011

Burnt out.

This week has been an extremely crazy one. I have had a ton of stuff for school to do and extracurriculars as well. I'm still in the process of working on a paper that's due tonight at midnight, but it has already been such a long draining day, I need a break for the moment.

I'm currently doing a liver detox. Well, I'm in the pre-detox stage. I was going to go to a really awesome party on Saturday night but now I think I'm going to pass on that one for my health. Haha. The first part is to fast for 3 days drinking only pure, filtered water and organic, unfiltered apple juice (at least 1 qt. a day). I've been doing well with that surprisingly and I haven't had apple juice in forever so it's rather refreshing. On Sunday I'll have a small breakfast and lunch. Probably a grapefruit for breakfast and a salad for lunch (all organic). I'll cease to eat after 2pm on Sunday and then the real detox begins. I'll tell you about the fun part when I get there... suspense...

In the mean-time I will be dreaming about healthy, organic, vegan yummies. I haven't been able to sleep much this week and thus I've been looking up a ton of recipes online and on other blogs. I really want to be my healthiest and I feel like this detox is a good way to boost my vegan, processed-food-free diet and has kinda been struggling lately. I was hoping to make dinner for my boo and I but, alas he is going to be at his parents because it is some kind of family tradition.. I dunno. But I'll make dinner for myself and maybe a friend. I'm hoping I won't feel too badly on Monday after my detox. Since the toxins and such will be released from my liver, they will be in my bloodstream until my body can flush them out. So I may feel crappy for a day or two.

Boyfriend did agree to come over Monday night for V-day desserts. I'm not sure yet what I want to make.. I really want to try a lot of things but I don't want to do something too sugary or anything processed after my detox. But I want to make something splendid for the boy. I'll keep searching...

My life is nuts, and I must now get back to writing my philosophy paper...ugh... as I have a tournament this weekend in Nashville that I'm leaving for at 5:00 today... I'll be finishing my paper in the car.

I hope the hotel has wi-fi.

No comments:

Post a Comment