Monday, February 21, 2011

Bi-polar

When I wake up some mornings I just have no will to carry on through the day. That was this morning. I was utterly depressed upon waking. So, I skipped class and made vegan pancakes instead! They were wonderful. I ate too many because no one was home for me to share with unfortunately. Cleaning is normally a go-to activity when I'm feeling low and that definitely helped.

The jump start to my day was definitely when my new friend that is living in Berkeley at the moment text me and told me to get my butt moving because I'm supposed to go climbing with him when I go to Cali for Spring Break.
...

YES! BERKELEY FOR SPRING BREAK!!!!

...
I bought my tickets today. : ] So, I went for a jog and it was really great to see some other physical changes in my body from my vegan diet. I ran 4 miles. It was beautiful, albeit very windy, outside today and so I just went for it. When I was running often, I would often lose my breath while running before my legs actually were too tired. But today, I was breathing fine, it was just my lack of muscle that was making the run a little tough. That was so great to feel my lungs working well and not have phlegm in my throat making it difficult to breathe (that mucus comes from dairy, hence why most singers don't drink milk).

That really put me in a better mood. I finished up some leftovers tonight and while I was examining my fridge and pantry I realized I have very few items in either place. I'm trying not to spend much money so I am extremely pumped about the fact that the few items I have will work perfectly together to make a great pasta for dinner tomorrow. Sundried tomatoes, onions, garlic, green olives. I have chickpeas and am going to do some research to see if I can make a creamier sauce with chickpeas and oil and some lemon juice/zest. I think creamier would be better for me tomorrow. I have no clue what breakfast or lunch will be. I guess pancakes again for breakfast because that's really all I have and then an early dinner before practice.

I'm pumped about food. I'm really glad for good friends (one of which is hopefully moving into my room tomorrow to keep me from going insane with my thoughts) and for new friends.

So, in the end, it's been a pretty good day after all. : ]
Water Scarcity in India (boddunan.com)      


P.S.
I watched a ton of documentaries yesterday. Please don't shop at Wal-Mart or other corporate giants like that, and pay attention to the amount of water you use because a lot of people don't have clean drinking water and Earth's supply of fresh water is decreasing due to humanity's carelessness. : [
That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment