Wednesday, October 26, 2011

It's Autumn!

And you know what that means!!
...
APPLE BUTTER!!!!

I bought my first jar of apple butter from the farmers' market yesterday. Mmm. : ] Happy place.
So, I woke up early this morning and made muffins so I could slather them with delicious apple goodness. Complete with coffee, it was the great start to my morning. It fueled me for my test and put me in a great mood for the day.

Today should be just splendid. After class I'm going to take advantage of the 25% off bulk items sale at Earth Fare in addition to my 5% student discount. I need to get some oatmeal, beans, nuts, and such. Then I get to pick up my CSA veggies from the UT Gardens farmers' market. I'll probably make some eggplant and rice stir fry for dinner just because it's easy, delicious and I have lots of Japanese eggplant left from my CSA.

I've been thinking of a wish list since the holidays are coming up and of course I can only think of cookbooks that I want!! Haha. I feel like I'm missing out on a bit of vegan culture since I don't own Veganomicon. But I was also reading a review of Super Immunity the other day by the same author of Eat to Live. These books sound great to me, being a health food vegan and all.

Speaking of health food.. I noticed one of my friends and fellow nutrition majors wearing five colored bracelets the other day. They were red, yellow, green, orange, and blue. She wore all five on once wrist at the start of the day and said she moves one to the other wrist each time she eats a serving of fruit or vegetables. I thought that was genius. Its a very good reminder. I don't really like to eat a lot of fruit but I would love to implement the idea to remind me to get different colored veggies and to do other things that I want to get into the habit of doing daily, like stretching before bed and various exercises.

I think I may go buy some colored rubber bands and try that method out for a while. I'll let you know how it works for me. It's kind of like tying strings to your fingers as a reminder.

1 comment:

  1. i love apple butter with biscuits and i love your rubber band idea.

    ReplyDelete