Sunday, October 2, 2011

Birthday Blog

I very well could be the happiest gal in the entire world. : ]

Not only have the last two weeks been extremely wonderful, I couldn't really have asked for a better birthday. Last night started with one of the best presents anyone could give me... a big floppy hat with a bow on it. It was from the new special someone in my life. He's so sweet. <3  Then I got to go out with some new friends, some old friends and my favorite friend of all... my daddy. We had a couple drinks, some laughs, and a good time.

This morning I woke up early and I couldn't have asked for better weather. Brisk, fall morning. Ben and I went to Panera for pumpkin spice lattes and sat out in the sunlight and shared memories of when we were kids. Afterward we went to Victor Ashe park to walk around outside and enjoy nature a bit. I stood inside a tree that was hollowed by a strike of lightning and we saw some squirrels cuddle (promptly followed by unmentionable deeds), and jammed out to Goo Goo Dolls and Matchbox 20 all before noon.

I loved spending the rest of the day with Ben and my family watching the Bears game at a bar I'm legally allowed in now, and then having a margarita with my mom at dinner with the rest of my family. I really missed my sister and her husband being there, but was glad to have the people around me that could be here.

Now I'm just drinking tea and playing on my new MacBook Pro reflecting on my life a little and how blessed and happy I am. I do wish everyone could feel like I do right now. The world would be such a nicer place.

I can honestly say I'm madly in love with my life and can only hope that it continues to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment