Thursday, November 3, 2011

Not Enough Time

It is so true that there are not enough hours in the day. So, how do we experience and enjoy all that we want to do while still accomplishing the tasks that we need to? I have yet to figure it out. I notice it more times than others, like when cramming for an exam, not having enough time to make proper meals, and failing to set aside time to exercise. But I especially notice it around the holidays. I love the holiday season and I want to do so much, like decorate, enjoy the weather and festivities, make holiday food, and other such things. When the season goes by and these things aren't done, I always wonder where the time went..

So, I'm going to try something new to be more productive. I'm going to wake up early, every morning. I'm going to drink a glass of water while I make my coffee or tea and make a list of all the things I want to do and need to do and make a quick priority list. Then I'm going to start doing things. First on the list every morning should be taking a 30 minute walk to start my day and get my blood flowing. Then it's breakfast. I want that to be my routine. I've heard it takes 21 days (3 weeks) to start or quit a habit. So for the next 21 days, whether I feel like it or not, I'm dedicated to this routine. Then, I'll have something extra to be extra grateful on Thanksgiving.

There are more things that I want to add to my daily life but I think I'm just going to start with this.
Baby steps, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment