Saturday, June 11, 2011

Where have I been?

Honestly, by the pool. HA!

I have spent most of my summer thus far next to the pool with some of the wonderful people in my life.

I'm feeling very blessed lately. I am really loving my life at the moment. There are definitely places that I want to improve on but, I'm truly happy. 

So, a brief on some food that I've enjoyed the past few weeks..

I have found a favorite place to eat out with friends.. Chipotle.. yummy yummy veggie burrito!!! It's the size of my head and I can easily pack it away.. mmmm. : ] Special thanks to my beautiful co-coach who took me to Baja Fresh for the first time so I could learn to feed my spicy food addiction. 

Ninja has also introduced me to this delightful Japanese restaurant where I discovered my deep love of Japanese curry.. I must find a way to make it myself. I also am so glad to be eating seaweed salad on a more regular basis, getting those good greens plus the necessary iodine that I miss because iodized salt freaks me out. : ]

Been back to Nama a couple of times also and each time my wonderful server had the chef make me a special vegan roll. Both times, utterly delicious!! The last roll I had was so incredibly artistic. The roll was placed around an orange that had been carved and filled with yummies. I wish I had my phone with me at the time so I could've taken a picture. It was gorgeous. 

Other that that? I've honestly been snacking between trips to the pool on hummus, guac, and salsa. Every now and then I'll cook up some veggies in my roommates favorite dish, Spicy Almond Stir Fry. It's super delish and I will be making it again this week since I just bought all the ingredients from the farmers' market yesterday. It will probably be the best stir fry yet because of the fresh ingredients. 

Earlier this week I also threw together a pasta dish that is yummy and sooo easy. 
Pasta, head of cabbage, 2 stalks of celery, 2 onions, 2 garlic cloves, 1/4 cup of soy sauce and 5 tbsp of marinara sauce.

Saute onions, garlic, and celery in a little olive oil. Add cabbage, soy sauce, marinara and let cook on low heat a bit. Add cooked pasta and mix. Easy mode. Cheap. Healthy. Makes a TON of pasta. And is even good cold right out of the fridge. : ]

Tomorrow I think I'm going to make this awesome quinoa and black bean dish my daddy made a week or so ago for me. My daddy has been so great about making new dishes that are vegan friendly for me. I don't think anyone can know how grateful I am for that. 

Now to look into next week.. : ] It's going to be great. 

New hair. Bleach and it's all coming off.  <3
New car. 2008 Black Acura TSX
Best friend is coming home. 
And hopefully a new job at Teavana. 

Been going to the Rush with Ninja lately. We went twice this week. We go late at night and I really enjoy that. I'm not worried about having to be done at a certain time and I actually have a lot of energy around 10pm. Ran 4 miles Tuesday, and 5 miles on Thursday. I don't know if Ninja inspires me or what but I like it. I'm going to hopefully go again tomorrow night after I've rested my legs some. Dad said he plans to run 7 miles on Sunday so I have to catch up to that soon. 

Anywho, I have physics that I'm putting off in order to write this blog. I can procrastinate no longer.

Until next time...smile more than necessary and love as much as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment