Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What do you do?

When you're in a rut?

I have found myself in a very somber mood lately. I will be missing a couple people that will be out of the country in the next month or two and I'm trying to push myself forward without being too sad about it.

Whenever I need a pick me up, I always like to take out the recycling. I know.. that's weird, but it has always helped to lighten my mood. I'm helping the Earth, doing something productive, and clearing some unnecessary garbage out of my house. It's always pleasing.

I think it's important to have something that can always cheer your up a little. It doesn't matter how simple. Simple is better actually because if you're like me, most motivation leaves when you're feeling blue.
Making food (cookies) helps also. : ] But give them away so you don't end up gorging yourself on them and feeling worse than before.

I'm leaving for the beach on Friday morning to spend a week with the whole family. It will be interesting but I'm very optimistic about it. I'm glad my family has finally excepted my vegan lifestyle and I won't have to fight against persuasions to eat in a way I don't feel comfortable with. It's quite exhausting to do that and it will be nice not to have to explain myself for an entire week since my family has given up trying to convert me back to an omnivore. It's a huge weight off my shoulders.

So, vacation for me of course is going to include lots of yummy food. I had a TON of recipes planned out to make but then I realized I'll be eating snacks mainly for lunch (because that's what you do at the beach) and I don't want to spend the whole week in the kitchen. However, I am making some muffins on Thursday night before I leave, as well as some artichoke dip.

During the week I have only a couple recipes picked out to make since I'm planning on eating really light during the day (fruit and nuts, veggies and hummus, etc). Enchiladas of course because I haven't had them in a while and I really would love for my mom to try them. Then I'm going to make a Tempeh Muffaletta that is really yummy. It's a sandwich filler so I can have that for lunch or dinner. My dad will probably make some veggies for me that are vegan or I could possible be in charge of that for the side dishes for dinner. It's going to be a great week, I can tell. And definitely interesting having the whole fam together.

This week has also been full of job hunting. I have an interview today, so hopefully when I get back home from the beach I'll have a job so I can make money and be a little more mentally occupied. I'm hoping to land two jobs for the rest of the summer and then somehow work all of that and school together. I'm going to be really busy this fall and I'm looking forward to it. My classes shouldn't be too taxing because I have a couple math oriented classes. I'm looking forward to my biochemistry class of course as well.

I'm hoping to pull in a lot of money in the next couple months because I now have a car payment, and some other things on my list to pay for (an extra online class in the fall) and I would love to save up my money to buy the one thing that I want most.. The Norwalk Juicer. But I may be getting my windows tinted and some side molding put on my car before that happens. We'll see though. Those are just extra expenses for an expense and I would definitely enjoy my juicer a lot more than I would enjoy side molding. : ]

Until next time, keep smiling, even when you don't feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment