Monday, March 7, 2011

So, what do you eat?

This is the first time I've legitimately been asked this question about being vegan. The obvious answer would be fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and whole grains in awesomely delicious recipes and combinations. But, I caved under pressure. I've heard of a lot of vegans who on the spot have trouble answering this question posed by our meat-eating friends. I've wondered why that is and have come to the conclusion that we are looking for specific ways to describe who wonderful these foods are to people who rarely enjoy their goodness. We realize that for most people "fruits, vegetable, nuts, seeds, and whole grains" sounds extremely boring. BUT ITS NOT AT ALL!! I love my diet and way of healthy, conscious living. And to me, my diet sounds so much more appealing than decaying flesh, the milk of a lactating cow and the spoilage of that milk people know and love as cheese...

Hello!!

Goodbye.

1 comment: