Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Equilibrium

There isn't really any object of this post, I just have a spare minute and haven't posted in a while. My life has calmed down a little bit and I'm starting to get back to an equilibrium. I love how life is, we have crazy moments and disturbances but there's always a way to get back to center.

What do you do to realign yourself whenever you're feeling out of whack?
The other night before heading to work I felt as though I were going to have an anxiety attack. Not for any particular reason, I just was stressed and not right. So, I made a constructive list of things I needed to do to bring myself back to happiness and equilibrium.

First thing was to clean. When my environment is cluttered, it's hard to escape stress since it just adds to it. I vacuumed the house, cleaned my room, the kitchen, the living room and did my laundry. Immediately feeling better.

The I knew I needed to do something creative to stimulate my brain but in a different way than my usually studying and homework. (That's another reason I like this blog, it does that for me a little bit.) So, after cleaning up I hung some shoe boxes up in my room to add a little flair to my decor. I got out some old art pieces from high school to hang as well.

Whenever I'm stressed, one of the first things I examine is my physical well being, since all emotion and thought stems from chemical reactions in your body, improper balances of nutrients can really make someone a nut job. So, I have been really focused on eating at regular intervals and eating a normal breakfast, something I have recently gotten away from doing. I made some coconut curry, bought some bread and have been eating well.

I also have made the commitment to do some exercise everyday. It doesn't need to be a killer workout, just a short job to break a sweat and get my blood pumping. I believe that my qi was not flowing properly and so going for a jog really has helped that.

Also, instead of exercising inside, I've been jogging outside, in the sunlight and the fresh air. I've been really detached from the earth since school started back up and I think that has really taken a toll on my ability to see my life from a distant perspective. So, after my jog, I pick a tree and, yes, give it a big hug. : ]
Instantly light-hearted. You can't hug a tree and still be in a seriously down mood afterward. It's just not possible.

There are still some more things that I need to do in order to gain more satisfaction with my life but at the moment I've feeling peachy keen.

Picking up my CSA today. Making a healthy dinner this evening. Going to see Lion King in 3D tonight.
My day couldn't look any better.

1 comment:

  1. :)
    I need to make one of those lists.
    I finally dug out my fucking printer from the garage and managed to get it working with this new laptop. I felt royally better, over a PRINTER. Haha.

    ReplyDelete